Friday, November 05, 2010

3 More Things

I think I love Scribio Facio Noto (even though I don't know what it means).

***

I also love Anthony Esolen's thinking on the election. Like the man said, "Put not your trust in princes."

***

I've been warned about Frank Viola's books. A well-meaning friend suggested I read some heresy-hunter's blog concerning him (she said she was afraid for me). This is all very strange, as it was clear that she had no idea what his books were actually about. It seems that the co-author of Jesus Manifesto: Restoring the Supremacy and Sovereignty of Jesus Christ is sure some dangerous fellow! Not that I expect everyone to agree with Viola all the time (heck, I have some reservations myself), but I would say Viola has reoriented my views significantly (I'm brainwashed!). Anyway, I've been warned:

No comments: