Friday, December 30, 2011

Announcing a six month sabbatical from blogging

Well, there's been a raging debate going on in my head over whether I should continue this blog at all in 2012. You might have noticed the lack of posting lately. I've been trying to keep a minimal presence just in case I get all energized about blogging again.

But I don't think that's going to happen right away.

So the choice is, keep hanging around, sustaining said minimal presence, just in case . . . which seems rather pointless . . . or just calling it quits.

Here's what I think. It's no use keeping the lights on in the house if no one lives there anymore.  I think I will be blogging again someday, but not for the next few months at least.

So here's what I'll be doing. First, I'm taking a six month sabbatical from blogging. I'm going to spend some of that time thinking about what kind of blogging I want to do if ever I do ever resume this sort of thing.

And if I do, I think it will be something very different. But for now, the mojo is gone. I'm closing the candy store. When and if I come back, it will be at a different site altogether, with a whole different feel. If it happens, I'll be letting people know in the usual social media places, so by all means friend me, put me in your circle, or whatever.

Till then, farewell.  I'm on sabbatical.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Goodbye to your blogging, Robert.

Thank you for all the posts and poetry.
"It's been a long time comin'
It's gonna be a long time gone."

God Bless you,
nance

Glynn said...

Bob - I don;t always leave a comment, but I do always read your posts. Please keep in touch - we hope to see you back!

Milton Stanley said...

Well, it looks like we're in the same boat right now. I haven't even felt like reading blogs lately, but lately I've been making a point of slowing down, and so today I decided to check in for the first time in a while. I remember reading one of your blogs years ago and reminding myself that, yes, our blogs are our things, something we control and not something that controls us. I wish you all the best in non-blogging. Peace.

Bob Spencer said...

Thanks, Milton. I think about coming back to it fairly frequently, but I'm only 2 moths into my 6 month "sabbatical," so I've got plenty of time to think some more!

Steve Scott said...

Your six months are over.

Bob Spencer said...

Catch me at Gospel Chronicles [gospelchron.blogspot.com], where I'm going to try to be posting on a weekly basis at lest.