Saturday, March 07, 2009

Saturday

Ah, Saturday.

I love Saturday.

Mornings we walk down to the Q Street Cafe for breakfast, Laurie and I. This morning happens to be sunny and even a little on the warm side (40+F). Some of the local chickadees are starting to feel like it's okay to tweet and twitter.

Then we stop at the library on the way home. The library. Place of many adventures, the wild stories of great imaginers. Plus wifi. You can't beat the library.

After that, I come home to an afternoon of baking bread and doing laundry. The evening is for friends and a movie (we're doing a little Fred Astaire film festival these days, after which we'll get back to our Judy Garland film festival).

That's Saturday. The strong inclination is not to get in the car all day if we can help it. To have fun and hang with friends.

Like I said, I love Saturdays.

BTW, this is my 598th post at In the Clearing. I figure I can't stop blogging before 600 anyway!

3 comments:

Rick Blake said...

Can we come over?
We'll bring the popcorn!

Bob Spencer said...

Hey Rick!

Oh man, the more the merrier. Of course you better be on your way to the airport right now, or you're not going to make it!

Anonymous said...

saturday sound great at your house !



598? woah!

i think you should go for a thousand.
:-)