Tuesday, May 06, 2008

I Repeat . . .

Good preaching often makes me weep. And it makes me sweat, and it makes me shout, and it fills me, sometimes, with a feeling as of something welling up inside of me, desiring to be birthed.

I listened again this morning to John Piper's second lecture on suffering (which he delivered at the New World Alive conference in Wales last month). And I'm going to listen to it again. And I'm going to take notes. This is not simply good preaching, not simply "deep thoughts," it is important stuff. I'm linking to it for a second time because now I've listened for a second time and it is messing me up!

Right now I would go so far as to say, this is probably some of the greatest preaching you will ever here. Start at the beginning, listen to part 1, then part 2. What Piper is talking about is something we need to understand well, for it is the stuff of life. Piper is a gift to our time in much the same way as Spurgeon was to his. Not simply eloquent, but bringing a message so deeply needed, so important to such times as these.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

still working on these