Friday, March 16, 2007

Some Unsuggestions from LibraryThing

Have you seen LibraryThing's Unsuggester? Plug in the name of a book you own or have read, and the Unsuggester will show you a list of books that you are the least likely to have on your shelf. I plugged in The Jesus I Never Knew, which I've just started reading, and discovered that I evidently don't have much in common with folks who love Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman (actually, I intend to read a little Pratchett one of these days). Scrolling down to the bottom I find a couple of old friends, Jasper Fforde and Douglas Adams, two of the funniest writers I know. As a matter of fact, a lot of books on this list are either highly creative fantasies or very funny, or both. Does this mean that people who read books about Jesus are not creative or funny? Hmmm, just wondering.

No comments: