Thursday, October 06, 2011

Random Thoughts Thursday

A lot of people were truly saddened by the death of Steve Jobs, almost as if a close friend or relative had died. This surprised me a little, never having been much a Mac guy.

I'm flying to Seattle tomorrow.  Haven't flown in, oh, maybe seven years.  My lovely wife hasn't flown in over thirty.  We're kinda homebodies.

Cold this morning.  I mean, for the first time this Fall it was actually cold.  Frosty.  I love this weather!

Bible study with the Christ Fellowship crew last night.  Scott, our teacher, handles the Word with loving care.  I'm very thankful to have found these folks.

I've been reading James Hornfischer's Neptune's Inferno, about Guadalcanal.  Hornfischer writes really well about sea battles in WWII.  Amazing and horrifying stuff.

I'm always amazed that people actually "follow" me on Twitter, given my inaction there.  Still, it's nice.  One of these day I may figure out how I want to use it.

I don't have Internet at home anymore, so just hanging out online is now an infrequent activity for me.  Just now I'm sitting at the campus center at the university where I work.  Anyway, this means I'm not keeping up with the news anymore.  And I don't miss all that, actually.

Check out Nate's post about N. T. Wright.  Speaking of whom, I'd like to read his latest, Simply Jesus, which is due out in a few weeks.

There.  That about does it.  This post, by the way, was inspired by Steve Scott's Friday posts at From the Pew, which I always enjoy.  Steve likes to end with a music link.  Me too:

1 comment:

Jeremy Myers said...

I got my copy of Simply Jesus in the mail earlier this week. Haven't been able to start it yet, but hopefully I can read some this weekend.