Saturday, October 01, 2011

Birthday post

So it's my brithday, and I'm sitting here concocting a Saturday post.  Because, well, Saturday posts are all I've can muster these days.

Last night I saw Rodney Crowell in concert.  Small room, Rodney and his guitar alone on stage.  He was wonderful.  I can't tell you how much I admire his story-telling skills in song.  I think he's right up there with John Prine and Townes van Zandt as one of the best songwriters of our era.  I may have posted this before, but it's worth repeating.



Sweet.

So here I am, two nickels back to back make 55, and that's what I became today.  I'm two nickels old.  Went out for breakfast and had steak and eggs!  Now I'll go for a run, sit and read.  See you next week!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have been breathing for 55 years, 11 months, and 21 days.

breathe deep and have a good one.

Glynn said...

Happy birthday, Bob.

Oh, to be 55 again!

Erin Hope said...

Happy birthday! sounds like you had a good one.

Milton Stanley said...

I'm a few days late & a few dollars short, but happy double-nickels just the same!