Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Book Rec'

My time for reading has dropped off quite a bit this summer. I'm just busy doing other things, that's all. Like practicing my accordion! But I'm gradually working my way through Donald Miller's Searching for God Knows What, which was published way back in 2004. I'm just here to say, it's really good. I've got a feeling there must be people out there who will say it doesn't have enough Scripture references, or it doesn't espouse their pet doctrines firmly enough, but I think it's an amazing real-world picture of the call of Jesus. It's my first Donald Miller book. I hope to have more to say about it soon (when I finally finish it), but suffice to say for now that I highly recommend it. Miller and Spencer are definitely on the same page.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i just read that book a few weeks ago. really good, i agree.

i have a july poem posted today :-)