Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Tinkering

So I've been reconsidering this whole blogging thing.

Posting has been light this month for that very reason. I'm trying to re-imagine
Wilderness Fandango I guess. I've changed the look, tinkered with the blogrolls, and tried to broaden the content a little. I'm not averse to changing the title, as well, but nothing has come to me just yet.

In the past couple of years WF has narrowed down to a somewhat angsty critique of the church in America, and, well, I've exhausted that mine. Nothing left to say.

Which leaves me in a rather awkward spot as a blogger. That's why I decided to step back for a while (and it's not as if scads of people are waiting each day for my next post). Anyway, I have to remind myself from time to time that the reason for this blog is simply, as my new sub-title states, so that I might have my say about things. No harm in that.

And that's where the content-broadening comes in. One of my models is the Mockingbird blog, where you get an interesting level of cultural engagement on a wide variety of themes. Another example would be Glenn Young's Faith, Fiction, Friends, where you get poetry, story-telling, book reviews, etc.

So let's see, what do I like to do. Read books, watch classic movies, write poems now and then, listen to old-timey music. And talk.

So that's it. That's what WF will be all about. I'm not "on a mission from God." I'm not trying to correct the church, the world, or anything else. I'm just being myself, here. A not entirely unique rattle-bag of personally selected odds-and-ends.

No comments: