Thursday, August 12, 2010

Taking Note

Two books by Paul Zahl: Who will Deliver Us? and Grace in Practice.

***

The blog of Milt Rodriguez. Milt's got a few things to say, and they're well worth considering.

***

Today I'll finish up Eugene Peterson's Practice Resurrection. Peterson is a true prophet of our age, an indispensable writer. I would summarize this book for you except that it seems pretty close to unsummarizable. It's subtitle is, "A Conversation on Growing Up in Christ." That'll do for a summary.

***

By the way, have you seen Mockingbird Blog. They're very good over there at highlighting the Gospel in pop culture and literature. Well read and culturally engaged without being pretentious about it. Nice blog. Check it out.

***

That's were I found this video. I've liked Jim Lauderdale since I saw him a few years ago at MerleFest. Besides, the washed-out-musician-in-a-nudie-suit-in-the-desert motif is one of my favorite motifs ever!

No comments: