Monday, December 21, 2009

Monday Whatnot

Best 10 books of the year, according to Books & Culture.

***

Speaking of books, UnChristian America, by Michael Babcock, makes an argument I have always made. Glad to know I'm not the only one.

***

Interesting. Researchers at Harvard School of Business conducted some experiments that showed that exposure to luxury is likely to induce people "to think more about themselves than others." Who woulda thunk?

***

Ask anyone what kind of music they listen to, they'll ususally tell you, "oh, a little of everything. I even like classical music!" I'm always skeptical. This NYT article corroborates my skepticism.

***

Noel Piper is Thinking about Santa. A lot of wisdom here.

***

More on the annual Christmas wars. In this case, I couldn't agree more.

^^^

David Wayne's most recent health update.

No comments: