Thursday, September 24, 2009

North! Or Be Eaten!

Andrew Peterson's North! Or Be Eaten is a fantasy adventure for young readers, book 2 in the Wingfeather Saga. A small band of heroes, with a mission to accomplish, travel across a forbidding landscape with evil creatures hot on their tracks. That may have the stamp of the fmailiar, but Peterson's originality, humor, and heart lend this story a great zest. I hadn't read book 1 yet, so some details of the back-story were a little iffy for me, but it was not an insurmountable problem.

So, imagine if J. R. R. Tolkein had had a Lemony Snicketish sense of humor and a fast-paced writing style. There, you've got Andrew Peterson's Wingfeater Saga. Now I can't wait to read book 1!

3 comments:

Brian said...

My wife and I both read book 1 and book 2 just arrived from Amazon in time for her birthday next Wednesday. I'm exercising quite a bit of self-control every time I walk by its hiding place. :)

Its not great literature but its fun and the story itself is quite inventive.

Have a good weekend and hope you enjoy book 1!

Anonymous said...

sounds interesting.
thanks.

Erin Hope said...

oh man, I just realized that was by andrew peterson!! my brother was telling me he wanted to read one of his things and i recognized the title ....and nearly flipped out. didn't know it was by him. cool. gonna have to read that.