Friday, May 22, 2009

Announcing: A Conversation

As my occasional reader will know, I've been blogging intermittently about the beatitudes of Jesus. Well, my son Nate told me he's been reading the sermon on the mount over and over lately, so I suggested to him that if we could find at least a third blogger to join us, we might begin a blogging conversation of sorts: three Jesus-followers talking and wondering aloud about the remarkable teachings of Jesus to be found in Matthew 5 to 7.

Well, Nate thought it was a good idea, and soon brought his friend John on board. John is a guy I'd met once, but had heard about often from Nate. He's the guy behind Relevant Revolution sermon jams, the husband of Nicole, and the bubbling with glee new daddy of a little girl named Anna-Joy.

So the three of us had a little discussion about what to call this blog about the sermon on the mount, and we finally decided on Mount Jesus. So there you have it. We're shooting for something along the lines of 1 post per week from each of us at most, with due allowances being made for the fact that one of us is a new papa.

I will be cross-posting my own stuff here as well, but I'm really looking forward to the interaction at Mount Jesus and hope my own readers will click over there and have a look now and then--and join in the conversation!

A word about the three of us. I'm the old guy in the trio. You know me. John and Nate are a couple of young guys who display in their lives the clear indication that the grace of God has had a profound impact on them. I think you might enjoy the conversation!

One more thing. Let me quote from John's first post, where he speaks of his hopes for this conversation:
Personally, I hope this conversation steps outside the typical "commentary talk" and becomes a place where the mature and educated learn how to become young children who climb onto their daddy's lap with a sensitive spirit, mind and heart.
Yup. That's my hope, too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

got it on the blog list.

now,
here is some friday music for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9R0KZLTnjis