Saturday, June 14, 2008

God wants his children to show the world the right way to suffer.

Last night I talked with a man, a friend of mine, who just found out he has colon cancer. Miles is a weathered saint who has already endured a pretty significant share of suffering in his life. We were in church together last night, at an evening of worship. When I went to see him he was clearly at peace. You could see it in his eyes, in his facial expression, everything. I sat down beside him and touched his hand--I didn't know what to say--and he looked at me and said calmly, "Whatever happens, it's for His glory."

And you know what, he meant it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for telling us about miles.

Lauren said...

these tears are because of how sweet and wonderful that is...I'll pray for your friend.