Monday, January 21, 2008

Reading Lists

As Jared notes, bloggers seem to love reading-lists. I'm no exception. I've come across two interesting lists in the last few days. First, Jared's bibliography (kind of) for his highly anticipated (by me) book, The Unvarnished Jesus. The title on Jared's list that I'm most interested in reading soon is N. T. Wright's Following Jesus: Biblical Reflections on Discipleship. I hesitate to admit this, but I'm probably the last Christian blogger on earth who has not read anything by Wright.

Then there's Kim Riddlebarger's list of books on the subject of reformed amillennialism. I've not taken part in the never-ending knock-down drag-out pre/post/a-millennialism tag-team brouhaha, but truth be told, amillennialism makes the most sense to yours truly. By the way, Graeme Goldsworthy's The Gospel in Revelation is another title that might be added to this list. And the one book on Kim's list that I want to pick up and read real soon is Anthony Hoekema's The Bible and the Future.

No comments: