Thursday, January 03, 2008

A Picture of Cross-carrying

A lot of my personal devotional time has been focused around themes that Bonhoeffer deals with in The Cost of Discipleship. Some key words and phrases might be sacrificial love, carrying your cross, the way up is the way down, the hiddenness of the spiritual life, having a servant's heart. These same themes are applied to marriage in another book I've been reading along with my wife, Sacred Marriage, by Gary Thomas. These are the themes, I believe, of the coming year for me personally.

If you want a powerful illustration of such things (as in, "a pictorial depiction"), check out this make-you-think post over at the newly-discovered (by me) what have we here...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this blog came into view today...
i have not really looked at it yet, however, i though of you so i am passing it along.

http://katry.blogspot.com/


take a look-see
and a hear (music)