Saturday, December 09, 2006

New Bible

I've been reading the ESV translation of the Bible for some time now. About a year ago, I suppose, I bought the cheapest edition I could find in order to "test drive" it for a while. Well, I've been consistently pleased with the ESV, and since that cheap edition is now seriously dog-eared, this morning I made the leap and have purchased the Deluxe Reference edition in bonded leather. Sweet! You see, I've reached an age in which I can realistically consider the possibility that this Bible may last me to the very end! I'm not trying to be morose or anything. In fact, it's kind of a cool thought. The point is, I don't see myself leaping to another translation after a couple of years. I suspect that this is going to be my primary reading Bible "from here to hereafter."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Each year for the past seven years I've read a different translation of the Bible. 2006 was the year of the ESV and, when thinking of what translation to read in 2007, I couldn't think of anything else to try which might satisfy me like the ESV.

Anonymous said...

I like the ESV, too.

Milton Stanley
http://transformingsermons.blogspot.com