Saturday, October 21, 2006

3 that made me think

Ryken cites Mohler's list of 5 negative trends in contemporary preaching. Something to think about.

I liked (and learned a few things from) this article on linguistics by Robert I. Bradshaw.

There's this church-planting movement in Sheffield, England, called The Crowded House. One of it's members, Andy Stovell, keeps a blog of the same name. In a recent post, he laid out the following 7 rules for evangelism:
1. Spend quality time with Non-Christians
2. Protect them from the church.
3. Witness to those new friends about Jesus Christ.
4. Protect them from the church.
5. Lead them to Christ.
6. Protect them from the church.
7. When they have matured a bit and are ready even for a culture shock, introduce them to the church for the first time.
I find myself in sympathy with this approach.

1 comment:

Paul said...

Hi Bob,

I am glad to have found your new blog and feel at home again and well catch up with reading all that is here.

I really like those seven points and tend to agree with them, that is why Hill Country Thoughts is a Coffee Cup Ministry.

Many doors have open over the last two years since being here in Kennesaw, Ga. Most of the people the Lord leads to me, tend to be more at ease in coffee shop, restaurant, etc.

Blessings to you my friend. If it is Ok with you, I will add you to my favorite reads.

Have a super week!

Writing for the King,

Paul